Cosmic Education as a Continuum Across All Levels
PhD and Ann Sutton
Available Now! 2 PD Hours
- Three month access to this course when you purchase as a Free Member.
- Buy a Premium Membership and get access to ALL PD courses and membership access? Most Value!
- Or, buy a Basic Membership and receive a discount and membership access.
Click HERE to see your membership and money saving options!
Montessori Cosmic Education was originally introduced for the elementary level when children ask such questions as: “Where did everything come from?” “Why am I here?” But how do the other Planes of Development fit in? How does the 0 to 6 child first get to know the Universe? How does the 12 to 18 year old come to a sense of identity and belonging as a social being in the Earth Community and evolving Universe ? Grounded in an understanding of the planes, Cosmic Education can be a continuum that spirals up across all levels. We’ll look look at four planes from birth to age 21+ and how the classroom at each plane can support that stage in development. Often, at the lower levels, a Cosmic Education is less about changing activities and more about the awareness of the teacher–how he/she views the child inside a developmental flow toward understanding their place in the larger whole. Cosmic, Sustainability and Peace Education all powerfully come together in this continuum.You will take away:
- A visual of each of the sub-planes of development: infant/toddler thru adult
- An understanding of how Cosmic, Sustainability and Peace education all come together at each level.
- A framework of Cosmic, Sustainability and Peace Education that is embedded in the classroom and school.
Elisabeth Coe, PhD, is principal of the Middle School and High School at School of the Woods in Houston, TX and executive director of the Houston Montessori Center. She was past-president and a member of the AMS board of directors for 20 years, was the AMS 2008 Living Legacy and named MACTE Wisdom of the Elders. AMS-credentialed (Early Childhood, Elementary I – II, Secondary I – II, Administrator).
Ann Sutton has a Masters in Humanities, is faculty member of Houston Montessori Center. She has taught in Montessori middle and high school. She is currently working on her Ph.D. in Sustainability Education. AMS-credentialed Secondary I-II.