Quakers and the New Story: Essays on Science and SpiritualityClick for this Resource!
Members of The Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) seek in their silent worship communion with and guidance from the indwelling Light. And they seek to be faithful to the leadings/guidance that may emerge in consciousness in the silence and from shared vocal messages in the worshiping community. This form of spiritual life has not found a home in the mechanistic materialism of the recent centuries. This pamphlet describes how Friends do find a home and support in their manner of worship and work in the world toward creation of a viable, fruitful human/earth future in the context of the new story of the evolutionary universe.
- Used by people who call the work: Cosmic Evolution, Journey of the Universe, Story of the Universe, The New Story
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Lifelong
- Type: Document
- Keywords: Religious Society of Friends, Quaker, leadings, simplicity, panentheism, Swimme, plenum, spiritual journey
- Why I love this Resource: The insights and spiritual realizations that led to the founding of the Religious Society of Friends in the 17th century find a home in our new context. Quakers can find new life and new energy from the story.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Mary Conrow Coelho
- Date Added: September 18, 2013