Members of The Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) seek in their silent worship communion with and guidance from the indwelling Light. And they seek to be faithful to the leadings/guidance that may emerge in consciousness in the silence and from shared vocal messages in the worshiping community. This form of spiritual life has not found a home in the mechanistic materialism of the recent centuries. This pamphlet describes how Friends do find a home and support in their manner of worship and work in the world toward creation of a viable, fruitful human/earth future in the context of the new story of the evolutionary universe.
- Used by people who call the work: Cosmic Evolution, Journey of the Universe, Story of the Universe, The New Story
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Lifelong
- Type: Document
- Keywords: Religious Society of Friends, Quaker, leadings, simplicity, panentheism, Swimme, plenum, spiritual journey
- Why I love this Resource: The insights and spiritual realizations that led to the founding of the Religious Society of Friends in the 17th century find a home in our new context. Quakers can find new life and new energy from the story.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Mary Conrow Coelho
- Date Added: September 18, 2013