This was a course taught by Barry Rodrique at the University of Southern Maine.
Course Description: Big History is a history of the universe from its origins to the present. Its aim is to provide a wide contextual understanding of human existence by integrating knowledge from the natural and social sciences with the humanities. The result is a more realistic understanding of how humanity fits into the vast expanse of the universe. Big History considers the challenges of modern globalization, with an important theme being the quest to develop sustainable and ethical lifestyles. The overall focus is on what such knowledge might mean in our everyday lives and how we – as responsible individuals and a responsible species – should conduct ourselves in this world and off of it, as we venture further into our galaxy and beyond.
- Original Release Date (Year): Spring 2012
- Used by people who call the work: Big History
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Other (Everything really but particularly globalization)
- Learning Stages: Higher Education
- Type: Document
- Posted By: Jennifer Morgan
- Date Added: September 24, 2014