The feast of St. Francis is celebrated by Christians on October 4th. Seen by some as merely the “birdbath saint,” Francis is admired by many for the strength of his commitment to non-violent conflict resolution, to living sustainably, and to kinship with all creation. This prayer expands his Canticle of the Creatures by including things he could not have known such as the deep time story of our cosmos and the billions of galaxies in the universe. This prayer can be adapted in any way. Because copying from the web site takes several pages, a two-side version is available (with a click on the site).
- Used by people who call the work: Story of the Universe
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Ecology/Sustainability, Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Type: Ritual, Website
- Keywords: St. Francis, Canticle of the Creatures, praise, awareness
- Why I love this Resource: This prayer adds a cosmic dimension to traditional devotion to St. Francis.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Terri MacKenzie
- Date Added: September 21, 2014