The Cosmic CitizenClick for this Resource!
The best starting point for greater discernment is with children. Given the context — a maternal bond where they feel held and thus safe to explore, direct contact with natural forms, and the power of story grounded in cosmology — allows them to build their interiority upon a landscape of formation which will connect them to something transcending the self. They grow into an ever expanding communion. This is the basis for the cosmic citizen, the truly mature human.
— From The Cosmic Citizen by Lauren de Boer
DTN member Lauren de Boer explores what it means to be a “Cosmic Citizen” in this newsletter from The Institute for Educational Studies founded by DTN member Dr. Philip Snow Gang.
- Used by people who call the work: Montessori Cosmic Education, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Education
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong
- Type: Article
- Keywords: Cosmic, Montessori Cosmic Education, Montessori Cosmic Vision
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: K. Lauren de Boer
- Date Added: July 9, 2019