The Gaia HypothesisClick for this Resource!
The Gaia hypothesis (/ˈɡaɪ.ə/, /ˈɡeɪ.ə/, /ˈɡaɪˈʌ/), also known as the Gaia theory or the Gaia principle, proposes that living organisms interact with their inorganic surroundings on Earth to form a synergistic and self-regulating, complex system that helps to maintain and perpetuate the conditions for life on the planet.
- Used by people who call the work: Gaia Theory/Science-Based Systems Thinking
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Ecology/Sustainability
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Website
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Jennifer Morgan
- Date Added: November 27, 2018