This essay was written by Mike Bell, a former monk, who lived with Thomas Berry in the Passionist Monastery. Thomas Berry, a cultural historian wrote the landmark essay, “The New Story,” and several books including “The Dream of the Earth,” “The Great Work,” and “The Fate of the Earth and Christian Future” in which he spells out the need for a) understanding everything inside an evolving universe and b) creating a mutually enhancing relationship between humans and Earth.
- Used by people who call the work: Story of the Universe, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Ecology/Sustainability, Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Document
- Posted By: Jennifer Morgan
- Date Added: June 21, 2015