Thomas Berry was a cultural historian, a monk and a Roman Catholic Priest. Though he was a member of the church he lived on the edge of the institution. His unique talents out on the edge enabled him to look back into the church’s history. He could see its limitations and how they would affect its future. Fundamental to his thinking was the need for An Earth Spirituality, based upon a new understanding of divine revelation and of our specie’s relationship to Earth. This was essential if the church wished to remain relevant in a changing world.
- Used by people who call the work: New Cosmology, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Religion/Spirituality
- Type: Article
- Keywords: Earth Spirituality, Edge
- Why I love this Resource: provides an insights into the thinking of Thomas Berry
- Posted By: Mike Bell
- Date Added: August 15, 2016