This new essay of mine, just published in the journal Minding Nature, explores how the primary reveries of our lives, based on our landscape of formation, shape our actions. Human conscious self-awareness is a form of seeing more deeply, and to see more deeply is to live more fully. Being aware of the primary reveries of our lives, both personal and cultural, can help us and our children form an ecological orientation in life.
This is an expansion of a much shorter essay, The Cosmic Citizen.
Appeared in Minding Nature, Vol. 13. No. 2 (Spring 2020), a publication of the Center for Humans and Nature (www.humansandnature.org).
- Used by people who call the work: Evolutionaries, New Cosmology
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Current Issues, Ecology/Sustainability, Education, Social Justice
- Learning Stages: Elementary 3 - 5, Lifelong, Middle 6 - 8, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Article, Document
- Keywords: Cosmology, ecology, Teilhard, evolution, childhood, nature, education, landscape
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: K. Lauren de Boer
- Date Added: July 28, 2020