Transcendence on the HeadlandsClick for this Resource!
One of the most transcendent moments of my life happened on the Marin headlands, within view of the glittering city of San Francisco and the elegant curve of the Golden Gate bridge. You never know when the door will open. British psychologist Nicholas Humphrey theorizes that our ability to feel awe is an evolutionary trait, designed so that we will love the world in the face of the challenges of life.
- Used by people who call the work: Epic of Evolution, Evolutionaries
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Type: Article, Website
- Keywords: awe, transcendence, appreciation, evolution
- Why I love this Resource: I love awe! And with some reservations, the idea that we have been designed for awe.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Betsey Crawford
- Date Added: February 25, 2020