When Rivers Go to CourtClick for this Resource!
Imagine a river taking her case to court. Arriving in her smooth, flowing robes, reflecting the blue of the sky, a shimmering train brushing the floor as she walks. She speaks in a deep, contralto voice. Her tone holds great authority. No one, listening to her, would doubt her word for an instant. It would be impossible to ignore what she says. And we all know exactly what she would say…
In the last few years, rivers all over the world have been given a voice. They are proving to be pioneers in the growing rights of nature movement.
- Used by people who call the work: Gaia Theory/Science-Based Systems Thinking, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Ecology/Sustainability, Government, Law, Social Justice
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Type: Article, Blog
- Keywords: rights of nature, personhood rights, legal rights for nature
- Why I love this Resource: Rights of nature is my passion
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Betsey Crawford
- Date Added: December 7, 2019