A presentation to the European Society for Literature,Science and the Arts (SLSAeu) at their 2015 meeting on “Scale” in Malta. The presentation discusses the new paradigms in biology and evolution that have provided new support for the importance of the microcosmos, symbiosis, Gaia theory, and the work of Martin Brasier on his discovery of “the Sphinx within,” a deep time check on organismic fitness and complexity.
- Used by people who call the work: Big History, Gaia Theory/Science-Based Systems Thinking
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Other (cycles of extinction)
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Middle 6 - 8, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Video
- Keywords: microcosmos, symbiosis, Gaia theory, extinction, deep time, Big History, Lynn Margulis, James Lovelock, Martin Brasier, Boris Kozo-Polyanski, Vladimir Vernadsky. Sixth extinction, the Third Way of Evolution, Margaret McFall-Ngai, Scott Gilbert
- Why I love this Resource: It includes Martin Brasiers idea of a second order of natural selection.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: James MacAllister
- Date Added: October 12, 2015