An scientific analysis of the statement “The Universe is a living system.” There are very specific criteria for the statement of a scientific hypothesis, which are outlined. There is also a method by which scientific terms are changed, broadened, narrowed or replaced. The scientific definition of a term, such as “life” may not be complete (that could be said about all scientific knowledge) but there are very specific criteria for what life is and what the term is based upon, which are also outlined.
- Used by people who call the work: Big History, Gaia Theory/Science-Based Systems Thinking
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Other (Creationism )
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Document
- Keywords: Science, Creationism, Living Universe, woo woo, Gaia, Deep Time
- Why I love this Resource: I may educate the non-scientist about what makes something science or scientific knowledge vs other kinds of knowledge.
- Posted By: James MacAllister
- Date Added: October 9, 2015