The survivors: the long consolation of fernsClick for this Resource!
Since the middle of March, when California’s shelter in place started, an acupuncturist friend has been offering weekly meditations via phone. She starts by asking us to imagine ourselves in a nurturing place in nature. I invariably find myself on a forest floor, trees reaching high above me, leafy branches arching overhead. I’m surrounded by ferns, their graceful fronds draping over my shoulders, sitting in a soft sea of wavy green.
Why ferns? Great question! The answer goes back into deep time, with a very magical present.
- Used by people who call the work: Big History, Other ()
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Other (the life and role of plants)
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Type: Article, Blog
- Keywords: evolution, adaptation, interconnection, interrelatedness
- Why I love this Resource: My deep connection to plants and our interconnecting lices
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Betsey Crawford
- Date Added: September 22, 2020