Elemental Birthdays – How to Bring Science into Every PartyClick for this Resource!
Kids’ eyes light up when they learn they are made out of stardust! Elemental Birthdays lets anyone celebrate birthdays while having fun with science & learning our Universe Story. All the elements of the universe have an atomic number (Z). Elemental Birthdays matches that number with a birthday. The first element (Hydrogen) is the first birthday. Helium (Z=2) is the second birthday, and so on. The book uses this simple idea to incorporate the elements into fun, easy party themes, and it provides a step-by-step guide to games and activities, with no science background needed! The result: a party where kids and adults have fun learning science! As an added bonus, Elemental Birthdays contains 40 pages of supplemental appendices including the Universe Story itself and additional details about how these elements are part of our daily lives and embed us in the Web of Life on Earth as well as the Cosmos itself.
- Used by people who call the work: Montessori Cosmic Education, Story of the Universe
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Education
- Learning Stages: Early Childhood PK, Elementary 3 - 5, Elementary K - 2, Infant/Toddler, Middle 6 - 8
- Keywords: Cosmic Education, Science, Elements, Stars, Nucleosynthesis, Birthday Parties, Big History, Experiments
- Why I love this Resource: Through exciting and fun birthday parties, kids learn our deep time connections through the elements that make us up. These parties also show that science is fun, and prepare the child to excel in school.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Jon Cleland Host
- Date Added: December 23, 2014