Falling with Heron: Kaswén:ta teachings on roughening watersLink to File
The “story,” or cosmology we use to look at the world gives us our cosmology (worldview).
What does Heron teach us about our time of turbulent multi-scalar
issues like species extinctions, climate change, and related social
injustices? In this article, Timothy Leduc, of the Faculty of Social Work, Wilfred Laurier University Brantford considers what the heron has to teach us in an interchange between the indigenous canoe and the colonial ship.
- Used by people who call the work: Cosmic Evolution, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Ecology/Sustainability, Religion/Spirituality, Social Justice
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong
- Type: Article, Document
- Keywords: indigenous knowing, cultural history, ecology
- Why I love this Resource: Insights on the intersections of cultures and need for respect for nature
- Posted By: Norah Bolton
- Date Added: April 15, 2019