Pictures from Community Montessori’s First Big History ExhibitionClick for this Resource!
This year, in lieu of a final cumulative assessment in Big History, nearly 100 teens participated in a Big History exhibition of their final projects, which were showcased on a walking tour of the eight thresholds of increasing complexity in the story of our universe, planet, and humanity. The teens invited family and other community members as well as younger learners in our building to attend as the audience. Members of our graduating class served as tour guides, leading their group through each threshold moment stationed throughout our building. The tour began with the showing of a video of student interviews about their experience with Big History, which will hopefully be available as a resource soon. What we can share at this time are a few pictures from the event, taken by one of our staff members, Kris Warning. On behalf of all the teens and staff involved, we hope you enjoy!
- Used by people who call the work: Big History, Montessori Cosmic Education
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Agriculture, Art, Biology and Earth Systems Science, Ecology/Sustainability, Education, Government, Religion/Spirituality, Social Justice
- Learning Stages: Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Image
- Keywords: Big, History, Montessori, Cosmic, Education
- Why I love this Resource: This was our program's very first walking tour of Big History, and I'm proud, first of all, that we broke from convention and replaced our final exam with this project-based experience, and secondly, I'm proud of our teens for taking it seriously and putting on an impressive exhibition.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Kyle Herman
- Date Added: June 8, 2016