Something we don’t understand yet holds the galaxies together when, based on our limited understanding, they should be flying apart. Gravitomagnetism is the energy created by spinning objects in the fabric of spacetime. Find out why it may explain away the mysterious Dark Matter for which scientists have been searching unsuccessfully.
(Photo Credi: Sergey Nivens – Public Domain – Licensed via Adobe Stock)
- Used by people who call the work: Cosmic Evolution, Story of the Universe
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Religion/Spirituality, Science
- Learning Stages: Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Article, Blog
- Keywords: Dark Matter, European Physics Journal C, Galaxy Clusters, General Relativity, Gerson Otto Ludwig, Gravitomagnetism, National Institute of Space Research, Newton's Laws, Spacetime, WIMP
- Why I love this Resource: Increasingly, we’re discovering that the Universe seems to have a self-organizing property based on a Law of Attraction. Something we can’t explain yet holds the galaxies together when, based on our limited understanding, they should be flying apart. Our story won’t be complete until we account for the discrepancy between the matter we observe and the galactic motions we see. Professor Ludwig’s theory may point us in the right direction to solve this unsettling puzzle.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Jennifer Morgan
- Date Added: March 13, 2021