Maria Theresa Stadtmueller interviews fellow DTJN member and evolutionary geographer James MacAllister about the profound shift in evolutionary thinking championed by his mentor, the late, great biologist Lynn Margulis.
The view that evolution is driven by DNA mutations and survival of the fittest gives way to a systems biology view of radical interdependence, symbiosis, and the consciousness of all life. And wouldn’t that be a way to live?
- Used by people who call the work: Gaia Theory/Science-Based Systems Thinking
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Agriculture, Art, Biology and Earth Systems Science, Ecology/Sustainability, Education, Government, Law, Religion/Spirituality, Social Justice
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Audio, Website
- Keywords: The Big Chew Podcast, Lynn Margulis, evolution, James MacAllister, symbiosis, Gaia Theory
- Why I love this Resource: It covers really interesting ideas about life's blueprint and how Earth works. Lynn Margulis was a wonder, and Jim articulates her theories and work in a clear, compelling way.
- Link to Resource: http://meetyourmyth.com/change-of-life-how-lynn-margulis-revolutionized-evolution/
- Posted By: Maria Theresa Stadtmueller
- Date Added: July 24, 2017